Thursday, December 29, 2011

What Did You Do?

Lists. Many of us use them to keep ourselves organized. When we make a list, we have a certain determination that we are going to get things done. That's not a bad thing. Lists can also be discouraging. As time passes, and things don't get checked off, we start to beat up on ourselves. We are failures. That IS a bad thing. The last thing we need is to feel worse.

When I feel bad physically, I obviously can't accomplish much. One day, I decided to make a list of everything I did do, rather than what I thought I should do. I got up, made tea, took a shower, got dressed, made breakfast, ate, put the dishes in the sink (although I didn't wash them), and on and on. At the end of the day, I had quite a list of things that I did do. I just hadn't paid attention before.

When you feel like you aren't getting anything done, take just one day and write down everything you do. I think you will be surprised!

No comments: