Tuesday, August 11, 2015

I have yet to meet the person who says, “Oh goody, I get to take medication several times a day for the rest of my life!” Every pill, every treatment, and every test is a reminder that there is something wrong with us. Adding insult to injury, we mentally recite all the potential side effects of each medication, wondering what horrible things the medication might do in the long run. Is it any wonder most people hate to take medication?

You can change your relationship with medication. Learn what good things each medication does to manage your condition. Every time you take medication, remind yourself that, “I am thankful that I live in a time and place where my condition could be diagnosed and where there are medications to help manage my condition.” As you take each medication, remind yourself of the good it does.

I choose to reframe my relationship with medication.

No comments: