Sunday, July 6, 2008

Twenty Questions

Forty plus years ago, I was on a retreat. We had a partner exercise. One partner asked the other the same question twenty times in a row. The other partner had to give a different answer each time. Then the two switched. The question? Who are you? Here are my answers today:

1. Linda
2. A person
3. A woman
4. A mother
5. A friend
6. A musician
7. A helper
8. A teacher
9. A writer
10. A grandmother
11. Someone who laughs
12. Someone who loves
13. Someone who plays
14. Someone who brings about change
15. Outspoken
16. Someone who prays
17. A brave person
18. A risk taker
19. A daughter
20. Someone who happens to have lupus

In the late 60’s I could come up with less than 10 answers before I stalled out. I was in my teens then. In 2003, I would have had only one answer. I have lupus with major organ involvement. That is who I was. In July of 2008, I have twenty answers and could go on for quite a few more.

Who are you? Take a piece of paper and answer the question twenty times. What does your list reveal about who you think you are today?

No comments: